We are always looking at new extraction technologies and felt it was about time we started to review and post on some of the Companies we look at. We are very impressed with Delta Separations new CUP Series for Ethanol Extraction. Process times and quantities are very impressive for a machine coming in around $55,000.00.
The CUP 15 SERIES ETHANOL EXTRACTION SYSTEM provides the ability to extract and target botanical compounds from diverse plant species. This unique extraction technology can isolate specific botanical compounds through programmable sequences, effectively targeting the desired separation. The system combines closed-loop, cold ethanol extraction with mechanical centrifugation which ensures high-purity extractions.
The Centrifuge Utility Platform provides accurate control over important extraction variables:
- Ethanol Residence Time
- Basket RPM
- Spray Wash Stripping
- Cycle Agitation Strength
- Plant Material Drying
- Data Logging
- Automatic Cycle Programming
- Manual Cycle Programming
- Min/Max Parameters
- Ethernet Connection
- System Troubleshooting
- Cycle Tracking
- Administrative Functions
Here are some Key Facts we like:
6-10 lbs of Plant Material Per Batch (depending on mill size)
Avg. Run Time: 10 – 20 Min
Approx: 140 lbs Processing Per 8 hr Shift
Ethanol Requirement: 12 Gallons per run (Wash Mixture Can Be Used Twice)
System Control Panel Not Shown: (10”L x 8”H x 6”D)
Drive Panel Not Shown: 20”L x 24”H x 6”D
The CUP 15 offers 3 Program cycles: Spray Wash, Agitation Wash, and Spin Dry cycles. Each “program cycle” has (2) programmable Auto recipes and (1) programmable Manual recipe.
- System loading: A preloaded filter bag is placed into the basket and system is sealed.
- Program Menu: The “Spray Wash” or “Agitation Wash” program is selected on the HMI where the RPM and cycle times are set to the operator’s specifications.
- Ethanol Fill: Chilled alcohol is pneumatically pumped from source tank into the CUP system via inlet valve or spray nozzle.
- The Wash cycle: The plant material undergoes either a spray wash or an Agitated wash with a set number of bi-directional agitations aimed at extracting 98% of plant desirables.
- System Draining: When the wash cycle is complete, the outlet valve is opened and the system drained. The ethanol wash is pumped to a properly rated storage reservoir for further processing.
- Spin Dry Cycle: The “Spin Dry” menu is selected on the HMI and the drying cycle is started. The wet plant solids are spun dry of the remaining ethanol mixture within.
- System Unloading: Upon completion of the “Dry cycle The system is unloaded by retrieving the filter bag from the basket.
If you see a new system or technology that looks interesting email us email@example.com and let us review it..